Deprecated: Non-static method MtxShortenTheContent::MtxPregCallbackContent() should not be called statically in /home/oldbliiv/loxpex.com/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 308
Great news surprised the Peruvians in recent days. The renowned national singer, Gian Marco Zignano, announced that he had undergone surgery after a cancer detection. The artist, in addition to confessing that he underwent surgery, stressed how important it is to have an early medical check-up.
In this regard, Mauricio León, an oncology doctor and director of the League Against Cancer, who in statements to Infobae Peru argued that prevention is the only “cure against cancer”, since there is no other tool. In addition, he explained what are the preventive exams that all people should be done at least once a year.
But there is a popular myth among people. It is believed that only those who have a history of cancer are more likely to develop this disease, but León confirms that this is not the case.
According to the oncology doctor, the cancer screening It is important because it helps to find the disease and be able to act against it. There is currently no cure for cancer, but screening can help.
“(Detection) is the cure for cancer. There is no other tool. when the cancer is advancedNot even the best doctor cures you. There (prevention) there is greater cure, the treatment is simpler, cheaper and shorter. A gram of prevention weighs more than 1 ton of treatment, ”said the specialist for Infobae.
Usually, there is a myth that family history makes a person more prone to cancer, but What is true in here? Mauricio León reveals that this idea only applies to 10% of all cancer cases in the world.
“Only the 10% cancer it is due to a predisposition to a mutation in their genetic material, but the 90% of cases it is because of the lifestyle that the person develops,” he told this medium. To exemplify what was mentioned, he added that if a father has blue eyes and has 10 children, all of them will be born with a tendency to have the color of the father’s eyes due to genes, but not necessarily all of them will have the father’s eyes.
Research shows that in Peru there are different types of cancer, so it is important to have a complete check-up to rule out the presence of this disease. However, there is evidence of a greater presence of some types of this pathology in the country.
– Prostate cancer
– Breast cancer
– Stomach cancer. It is one of the most aggressive, since it causes the death of 70% of the patients and it does so in the first two years of being diagnosed.
– Colorectal cancer
– Cervical cancer
Age is essential for Cancer prevention, because there are exams that can start from the age of 20 in the case of women.
– Breast self-examination, from the age of 20.
– Mammography, from the age of 40. The frequency should be once a year.
– Pap smear or HPV viral test from the start of sexual intercourse.
– Prostate exam or PSA (prostate specific antigen) test, from age 45 onwards. It should be done once a year.
With the result, it will be possible to know which patients are candidates to continue with the next discard, which is the biopsy.
– Rectal examination for rule out cancer in the final part of the colon. It must be done annually.
FACT: Stomach and rectal cancer is more common in both sexes.
Among the foods that help prevent cancer, there is tomato, since its high lycopene content strengthens the body, avoiding the possible appearance of prostate cancer. These are other foods that will help maintain a healthy diet.
– Cabbage is another essential food to avoid breast cancer. It is a fairly consumed input in Poland, which is why Warsaw is one of the cities with the lowest cancer index in the world.
– Use honey, panela or whole sugar instead of white sugar.
– Consumption of lean and white meat. Reduce red meat and sausages.
– Drink natural drinks, such as fruit juices. Not packaged.
– Use olive or natural oil for salads.
In simple words, the cancer prevention formulais healthy eating, avoiding that the daily diet contains packaged or canned products and processed sugar in large quantities, exercising for at least 30 minutes and having annual check-ups.