According to a study carried out by the Federal Consumer Attorney’s Office (prophecy), there are marks of canned slices that contain a high percentage of sodium, which can be very harmful to health of the consumer.
What are the Oaxaca cheeses that contain fungi, according to Profeco
According to the institution, there are some brands that can be harmful to the health of consumers
According to the information published by the agency in one of the issues of the Consumer Magazine The worst pickled jalapeno slices there were three: Golden Hills, the brunette, Saint Mark.
Since the recommended portion to ingest is 30 grams, depending on the product that has been purchased, up to 618 mg of sodium can be ingested, which would be equivalent to the 30.9% sodium intake recommended by the World Health Organization ( WHO).
“La Polar” case: what does Profeco say about leaving a tip in restaurants
In the midst of the “La Polar” case, the discussion on the practices that some restaurants and private establishments carry out was reopened on social networks
So that the brand Golden Hills proved to contain 618 mg sodium per 30 gthat is to say that he presented up to 7 thousand 834 mg for each container of 380 g. While the product of Saint Mark filed up 576 mg sodium per 30 g and a total of 7 thousand 298 mg per containerfinally the brand the brunette proved to contain 465mg per 30g And till 7 thousand 298 mg in each of the containers of 380 g.
In addition, he highlighted that the products that were analyzed presented the seal of “excess sodium”, in such a way that their contents may vary between them, on the other hand, each of the products contained complete information in accordance with the NOM-051-SCFI/SSAI-2010.
What is the tool that the institution launched for the “Wise Men” to compare prices and save on toys
Profeco created the Who’s Who in Prices microsite, where you can check the prices of the most sought-after toys
Additionally, he mentioned a couple of considerations when consuming salt:
– Most people ingest large amounts of salt, that is, 9 to 12 g on average per daywhich translates as the twice the recommended maximum by the WHO.
– One of the main benefits of reducing salt intake is the reduction of arterial hypertension.
– A sodium intake of less than 5 g of sodium per day in adults contributes to lowering blood pressure, risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke and myocardial infarction.
– The data revealed by the WHO estimate that each year 2.5 million deaths could be avoided, in case salt consumption worldwide were reduced to that recommended.
In case of ingesting more than the amount recommended by health experts, chronic diseases or situations such as:
– cardiovascular accidents: with symptoms such as having difficulty speaking and understanding what other people say, paralysis of the face, arm or leg, problems seeing, headaches and problems walking.
– Inadequate kidney function: which presents with changes in urine odor, pain in the back or lower back, metallic taste in the mouth, dizziness, nausea and vomiting.
– Arterial hypertension: with severe headaches, dizziness, ringing in the ears, sensation of seeing lights, blurred vision, chest or lower back pain and swollen ankles.
– Fluid retention: swelling, feeling that what you are wearing is tight, decreased flexibility, shiny skin, sudden weight gain, decreased urination.
– Decreased amount of calcium in the body: presence of continuous cramps, brittle hair and nails, numbness in extremities, irregular heartbeat, frequent bone lesions.