Manchester United Football Club said, on Friday, that it would “take appropriate steps” in light of the fiery statements made by its Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo, which left doubts about his future at Old Trafford.

The winner of the Golden Ball title for the best player in the world five times caused a spherical earthquake when he stated earlier that he did not respect Dutch coach Eric Ten Hag, the “Red Devils”, and criticized the Glazer family, owner of United, in a 90-minute interview broadcast on “Tok TV”. .

United said in a statement: “Manchester United this morning took appropriate steps in response to Cristiano Ronaldo’s recent media interview.

He added: We will not make further comments until this process reaches its conclusion.

United’s statement comes the day after Gary Neville, his former captain, said that the “Red Devils” had no choice but to cancel Ronaldo’s contract, which runs until the end of the current season.

It is not expected that Ronaldo will return to United until after the end of his fifth participation with the national team in the World Cup finals in Qatar.

By admin